We can all help control the virus if we all stay alert.
This means you must:
- wash your hands regularly
- wear a face covering over your nose and mouth in enclosed spaces (exemptions apply)
- limit contact with other people by following the guidance on gatherings
- keep your distance from people not in your household if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
Do not leave home if you or someone you live with has any of the following symptoms:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
You only need to get tested if you have symptoms or have been asked to.
More about physical distancing, self-isolating, symptoms and protecting the most vulnerable
Self isolating on return from abroad
You must follow government advice about self isolating if you have returned from an affected country to help keep others safe.
It's important to remember to wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds to help reduce the spread of infection.
British Sign Language (BSL)
Find the latest updates from government.
Covid-19 safety advice for people participating in protests
Find out how you can protest in the city in a safe way.