Keep safe and open
Inside the workplace
Find advice on cleaning and disinfection for businesses from GOV.UK. Including general cleaning principles for the pandemic and what else you need to do after someone with Covid, or symptoms of Covid, has left the area.
You can watch and share this video guide to hand washing from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
Find guidance about how to work safely in different types of businesses from GOV.UK, including:
- close contact services, like hairdressers, tattoo shops and massage therapists
- hotels and other guest accommodation
- offices and contact centres
- other people's homes
- restaurants, pubs, bars and takeaway services
- vehicles, like couriers, mobile workers and lorry drivers
- and others
Find a complete guide to making your workplace Covid-secure from the Health & Safety Executive (HSE).
The guide includes:
- risk assessments
- physical distancing
- cleaning, hygiene and handwashing
- ventilation and air conditioning
- talking to workers and providing information
- working from home
- vulnerable workers
Find out more about how to ventilate indoor spaces to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
Find guidance on how and when to use personal protective equipment (PPE) in health and social care settings and non-health and social care settings from GOV.UK.
Find information about face coverings and whether they're classed as PPE from the HSE.
Free online Covid-19 training
We're working with Hybred Consultancy to offer online short bitesize courses in Covid-19 safety for anyone working in retail, hospitality or events.
These short courses can be done online at any time to suit you up to the 16 July 2021 and are completely free.
The courses are tailored to each sector and contain the latest information and guidance for Covid-19 compliance.
Covid-19 resources for the food and hospitality industry
Workplace breaks and travel to work
To help stop Covid spreading, make sure you:
- wash your hands or use a hand sanitiser when arriving at work and at the beginning and end of breaks
- wear a face covering when moving around the workplace
- go outside to take a break, where possible
- eat and drink in the fresh air, if possible and avoid sharing cups and cutlery
- keep at least 2 metres apart from other people and try not to get together with too many different people or groups in a day
- avoid sharing a car to get to and from work - if you have no alternative, keep lifts as short as possible, open windows, stay apart and wear a mask
Test and Trace
Venues in the hospitality, tourism and leisure and close contact sectors must also have a system in place to request and record contact details of customers, visitors and staff to support the NHS Test and Trace system.
This requirement applies to any establishment that provides an on-site service and to any events that take place on its premises. The work businesses are doing to support Test and Trace is helping to break the chain of transmission.
Find out how to maintain records set up a system.
Get more information on what to do if someone you employ is contacted by NHS Test and Trace.
If you would like more information and advice about Covid safety for your business, send an email to Covid.Information@brighton-hove.gov.uk.