Updated 30 November 2021

Coronavirus is still a serious health risk. 

Due to concerns about the new Omicron variant, the government introduced enhanced Covid measures from 30 November. They will be reviewed in three weeks.

  • You must wear a face covering in shops and other settings such as banks, post offices and hairdressers, as well as on public transport, unless exempt.
  • Face coverings should be worn in communal areas in all education settings by staff, visitors and students in year 7 and above, unless they are exempt. 
  • All travellers arriving into the country are now required to take a PCR test on day 2 and self-isolate until they have received a negative test result. 
    UK residents arriving from a red list country must isolate in a government-approved facility for 10 days and take a PCR test on day 2 and day 8.
  • All close contacts of anyone who has tested positive for a suspected or confirmed case of the Omicron variant are required to isolate for 10 days, whether they have been vaccinated or not.

You should also keep following advice to protect yourself and others:

Read our latest weekly statement.

Find out more about what you should do to protect yourself and others.

Privacy notice

Read our COVID-19 privacy notice for information on how we collect, store and process your data.