Find advocacy to help you with social care services
Advocates can help you to
- tell people what you want or need
- prepare for and attend meetings
- understand your rights and options
- access services
- decide what you can do about difficult situations
Brighton & Hove Advocacy partnership
In Brighton & Hove, independent advocacy services are provided by the Brighton & Hove Advocacy Partnership. The partnership is made up of:
- Mind in Brighton & Hove – Advocacy support for people with mental health issues
- Speak Out – Advocacy support for people with a learning disability
- Possability People - Advocacy support for people with physical & sensory impairments
- Impetus – Advocacy support for adults with learning disabilities involved in family court proceedings
- Age UK – Advocacy support for people of 50 plus
All partners offer Community Advocacy, and can be contacted directly for advice
Mind in Brighton & Hove provide Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA).
All partners provide Independent Advocacy under the Care Act, but this needs a referral from a social worker. Please contact Access Point for more information.
Mind in Brighton & Hove
For all Mind advocacy services, contact
- 01273 66 69 50
Mind can offer independent mental health advocates for any patient qualifying under the Mental Health Act.
Mind's Community Advocacy service is available to all adults with mental health problems living in Brighton or Hove:
Speak Out is an advocacy services for people with learning difficulties. You can request support if you live in the city, have a learning disability and are over 16 years old.
- 01273 421921
- You can find forms to request an advocate on their one to one advocacy page.
Impetus run a service called Interact that provides advocacy for adults with learning disabilities
- Visit get support with Interact to send them a request
- Call 01273 229008
Age UK offer advocacy services for older people in the city.
- 01273 720603
Possability People offer advocacy services for people with physical or sensory impairments. They help Deaf people and people who are hard of hearing.
- 01273 89 40 45
Other advocacy services
POhWER provide Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy in Brighton and Hove, useful if you or someone you know has been told they are not capable of making decisions about their treatment. Email email@example.com or call 0300 456 2370.