Standards for online applications
The Planning Authority's standards for planning applications made online.
The Planning Authority Standards are:
File sizes for electronic submissions
- No individual file is greater than 5 Mb.
- No .zip or .exe files are submitted.
- Drawings submitted in single layer PDF format.
- Where possible supply drawings at A1 or A3.
- Do not supply drawings with optional scales at different paper sizes.
- Scanned drawings are a minimum 200 dpi resolution.
- List of drawings supplied to include drawing number, description and paper size.
- Critical dimensions checked on PDF and are in scale.
- Orientation of PDF drawings correct when viewed on screen.
- Include a scale bar and key dimensions on all drawings.
- Letters, reports must be in PDF format.
- List of photographs/photo montages annotated with title and context/purpose explained.
- Size of each photograph file to be below 1 Mb.
- Photographs to be a maximum size of 15x10cm.
Electronic file naming
- A list of all submitted documents is included.
- All document/drawing file names comprise brief description in plain English.
Please ensure the Planning Authority Standards for submitting quality applications are met when applying online.