Sustainable Buildings Policy
Local Policy for Sustainable Buildings
Planning Policy for Sustainable Design can be found in the:
Adopted Planning Advice Notes (PANs)
- PAN06: Food Growing and Development (2011) (3.1mb)
- PAN08: External wall insulation (2016) (3.7mb)
- PAN09: Householder guidance on energy efficiency for historic houses in Conservation Areas (2016) (3.9mb)
Heat Networks Studies have been developed for Brighton & Hove with funding from the Heat Networks Development Unit in the government department of Business Energy and Industrial Strategy. These are background studies for planning policy.
- Shoreham Harbour Heat Network Study (2016) (12.6mb)
- Executive Summary of Shoreham Harbour Heat Network Study (2016) (1.02mb)
- Toad's Hole Valley (2017) (3.95mb)
- Information Note: Toad's Hole Valley Heat Network Design Guidance (115kb)
All residential planning applications involving new builds and conversions within Brighton & Hove require the submission of a completed Brighton & Hove sustainability checklist.
Sustainable Buildings Information - September 2015
A Written Ministerial Statement (WMS) was released on 25th March 2015 providing a planning update on the Deregulation Act and outlining national planning policy changes. The following document provides a summary of the statement