Supplementary Planning Documents (SPD)
SPDs under preparation
Urban Design Framework Supplementary Planning Document (UDF SPD)
The council is developing new guidance to help shape buildings and spaces around the city. The aim is to make them easier to use and more attractive to people.
The ‘issues and options’ paper for the ‘Urban Design Framework’ is now available for Brighton & Hove’s residents and stakeholders to give their comments and views.
By completing this questionnaire, you can also help us identify the public places that make your neighbourhood special and how these could be improved.
The information you provide will help shape the UDF SPD which the council, developers and landowners will use to make sure high-quality buildings and places are achieved when new larger planning applications are put forward.
A Strategic Environmental Assessment screening has been carried out. This determined that the SPD is unlikely to have significant adverse environmental effects and therefore does not require Strategic Environmental Assessment.
The following SPDs have been formally adopted, following public consultation, and are material considerations that can be taken into account when determining a planning application.
- SPD01 - Brighton Centre: Area Planning and Urban Design Framework
- SPD02 - Shop Front Design
- SPD03 - Construction and Demolition Waste
- SPD05 - Circus Street Municipal Market Site
- SPD06 - Trees and Development Sites
- SPD07 - Advertisements
- SPD09 - Architectural Features
- SPD10 - London Road Central Masterplan
- SPD11 - Nature Conservation and Development
- SPD12 - Design Guide for Extensions and Alterations
- SPD13 - Shoreham Harbour Flood Risk Management Guide
- SPD14 - Parking Standards
- SPD15 - Toad's Hole Valley