Supplementary Planning Documents (SPD)
Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) are intended to provide detailed guidance on how planning policy will be implemented.
Hove Station Area SPD
The SPD was approved for adoption by members of Tourism Equalities , Communities and Culture Committee on 16 September 2021.
The SPD requires some minor factual updates and finalisation of two diagrams.
Find out more about the Hove Station Area
SPDs under preparation
To stay up to date with forthcoming consultations on SPDs, join our mailing list.
Nature Conservation and Development SPD11 Update
The SPD was adopted in 2010 and an update is underway. The SPD is intended for use by planning applicants, council officers and local people concerned with the conservation of biodiversity in development. The SPD will set out the process for ensuring development protects, conserves and enhances biodiversity, including providing gains for biodiversity. Public consultation expected winter / spring 2022.
Eastern Seafront Masterplan SPD
The preparation of a masterplan for the Eastern Seafront will help support high-quality, innovative regeneration of the seafront through improving access, activation of the seafront, coherent placemaking, environmental enhancement and protection of the world class heritage assets. Public consultation expected early 2022.
The following SPDs have been formally adopted, following public consultation, and are material considerations that can be taken into account when determining a planning application.
- SPD01 - Brighton Centre: Area Planning and Urban Design Framework
- SPD02 - Shop Front Design
- SPD03 - Construction and Demolition Waste
- SPD05 - Circus Street Municipal Market Site
- SPD06 - Trees and Development Sites
- SPD07 - Advertisements
- SPD09 - Architectural Features
- SPD10 - London Road Central Masterplan
- SPD11 - Nature Conservation and Development
- SPD12 - Design Guide for Extensions and Alterations
- SPD13 - Shoreham Harbour Flood Risk Management Guide
- SPD14 - Parking Standards
- SPD15 - Toad's Hole Valley
- SPD16 - Sustainable Drainage
- SPD17 - Urban Design Framework
- SPD 18 - Hove Station Masterplan