Supplementary Planning Documents (SPD)
The following SPDs have been formally adopted, following public consultation, and are material considerations that can be taken into account when determining a planning application.
- SPD01 - Brighton Centre: Area Planning and Urban Design Framework
- SPD02 - Shop Front Design
- SPD03 - Construction and Demolition Waste
- SPD05 - Circus Street Municipal Market Site
- SPD06 - Trees and Development Sites
- SPD07 - Advertisements
- SPD09 - Architectural Features
- SPD10 - London Road Central Masterplan
- SPD11 - Nature Conservation and Development
- SPD12 - Design Guide for Extensions and Alterations
- SPD13 - Shoreham Harbour Flood Risk Management Guide
- SPD14 - Parking Standards
- SPD15 - Toad's Hole Valley
SPDs under preparation
The council has commenced preparation of the Urban Design Framework SPD. An early stage of consultation is anticipated for summer 2018.
A Strategic Environmental Assessment screening has been carried out. This determined that the SPD is unlikely to have significant adverse environmental effects and therefore does not require Strategic Environmental Assessment.