How to apply for planning permission - all applications
- If you have an Agent, please ask them to submit your application online via the national Planning Portal. It saves money and paperwork.
- The Portal identifies the correct form, fee and supporting information. Pay online, and there is no photocopying. See the video tutorials.
- The Portal will help create a Site Plan.
- A Design and Access Statement can be completed using Brighton & Hove's DAS template.
- Please follow the simple, nationally recognised standards for online submissions, which include the required file sizes and formats. (Note we may be unable to register applications that do not meet these standards).
- The Portal has an online Help Centre to assist if you are having trouble submitting an application. You can also email their support team at - firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you email the Portal, they ask for the following information:
A one-line summary of the query/problem in the e-mail subject line;
Where in the Portal the problem occurred
What action was in progress immediately prior to the problem occuring
A description of the difficulties that the problem causes, including any error messages
Please check your application thoroughly before sending it to us, as we will return it to you if there are errors or omissions.