Advertisement Applications

You may need to apply for advertisement consent to display an advertisement bigger than 0.3 square metres (or any size if illuminated) on the front of, or outside, your property (be it a house or business premises).

The following guidance should be referred to if you think that you require planning permission:

Brighton & Hove Local Plan Policies

  • QD12 Advertisements and signs [PDF 32kb]
  • QD13 Advertisement hoardings [PDF 29kb]
  • HE9 Advertisements and signs in conservation areas and on, or in the vicinity of a listed building [PDF 29kb]
  • SPD07 Advertisements [PDF 791kb]

Further information is available on the Planning Portal website.