Planning Service operations during Covid-19
- All of our case officers and support staff continue to work from home and there are different arrangements currently for contacting each group.
- Planning case officers can now be contacted using their normal direct dial number as well as by email. Some staff are working different patterns due to personal circumstances, so you may need to leave a message on their voicemail. They will then return your call within 48 hours (weekdays only).
- The support staff are currently unable to access the councils’ telephone system, so can only be contacted by email direct or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are working on solutions to divert general phonelines to support staff but will only be able to resume a full telephony service once we can return to working in the town hall.
- Officers have been asked to minimise face to face meetings and will be using alternatives including conference calls and skype meetings.
- Non-essential site visits continue to be stopped. Essential site visits will need to continue and officers have been advised to minimise contact with people on site and strictly follow social distancing rules.
- Decision making at Planning Committee will continue as usual, with meetings held virtually and webcast.
Information about planning
Planning peer challenges review
In March 2016, we had a full review of our Planning Authority. The review was organised by the Local Government Association and the Planning Advisory Service. It was carried out by trained officers and councillors from other councils.