Major Application Requirements
The planning department's checklists for the different types of applications also apply to major applications. The checklists can be found on the Applications forms and checklists page.
In addition to the requirements laid out in the checklists, the following requirements also apply to major applications:
- One (1) hard copy of all plans and documents will be required for ALL major applications.
- Files must be in PDF format and no larger than 5MB in size.
- Provide a list of ALL submitted documents with the application.
- All documents and drawings must be clearly named and labelled with drawing numbers.
For futher details on submitting online applications please see the Required Standards for Online Applications page.
A major application consists of . . .
- ten (10) or more units of residential accommodation
- new commercial development of 1 000 sq m or more
- change of use of 1 000 sq m or more
- amendment or removal of a condition relating to a major development
- site area exceeding 0.5 hectares where it is not known how many dwellings are to be created
- development site area is 1 hectare or more
- departure from local plan
- development effecting public right of way
- waste development
- winning and working of minerals
For further clarification please contact the planning department on 01273 292222. Lines are open 9.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday.