I want to prune/fell a tree. Do I need consent?

Consent is required for works to a tree with a Tree Preservation Order (TPO).  Six weeks notice is also required for works to trees within conservation areas which are over 75mm in stem diameter.  Both TPO consent and Notification of Works to Trees in Conservation Areas are managed by the Arboricultural Team. Contact them by calling (01273) 292929 or go to the Tree Preservation web page for more information.


Back to Frequently Asked Questions