Heritage news, consultations and FAQs
Heritage officers are currently working from home and are best contacted via e-mail. Please be aware that whilst we are endeavouring to provide as normal a service as possible we may take a little longer than usual to respond to e-mails. Please also be aware that we are not currently undertaking site visits other than in exceptional circumstances but we are working towards a gradual reintroduction of site visits, in line with council procedures, as restrictions are eased.
Proposed Article 4 Direction for Queen's Park conservation area
Following community consultation was undertaken in February and March 2020. Subsequently a report for Proposed Article 4 Direction Order for Queen’s Park conservation area was presented to the Tourism, Equalities, Communities & Culture Committee on the 18th June 2020. This report was supported by the committee. As per statutory requirements and depending on government guidance regarding covid-19, we will be undertaking further community consultation towards the end of 2020. Download a copy of the report [0.7MB pdf].
Frequently asked questions
- Is my property listed?
- Do I need listed building consent?
- How do I get a building listed/de-listed?
- Where can I find information on the history of my property or area?
- Is my property in a conservation area?
- How does living in a conservation area affect me?
- What is a locally listed heritage asset?
- What is an Article 4 Direction?
- I want to prune/fell a tree. Do I need consent?
- How do I report possible unauthorised works to an historic building?
- How do I report a building in disrepair?
- How do I report the removal of an historic street light or paving?
- Does the council provide grants for historic buildings?
Common types of work
- Maintenance of historic buildings
- Windows (including replacing windows with double glazing), doors, roof coverings, chimneys, porches, render, mouldings, flint, balconies and boundary treatments: guidance and policy is available in the Supplementary Planning Document on Architectural Features.
- Roof Alterations and Extensions
- Damp Treatment
- External Painting
- Repointing Walls