Enjoy exploring our city
Brighton & Hove City Council is keen to encourage walking in the city. You can reach most of the city central areas on foot within just 15 minutes.
Our aim is to make getting about and exploring on foot more pleasant and safer for residents and visitors alike.
- Request a pedestrian crossing
- Report an obstruction in the road or pavement
- Report pavement and road repairs
- Report a street lighting fault
Getting around the city
- Plan your route using JourneyOn, the city council's travel planning website
- View our range of handy guides to the city
- Find your way around Brighton & Hove with our free, downloadable Brighton maps.
- New digital walks around the city you can follow on your mobile, including one taking in famous film locations.
- Walking tours around the city
- Fancy taking a walk in the countryside?
- Easylink and Shopmobility for those with mobility difficulties or special transport need
Other city initiatives supporting walking
- Personalised Travel Planning
- Workplace Travel Planning
- School Travel Planning
- Healthwalks programme
- Brighton and Hove Pedestrian Wayfinding Scheme Guide
Going a little further afield ...
If you have queries about walking in the city, please email email@example.com.