From 6 August 2019, the blue badge and concessionary travel office will close at 1pm on Tuesdays
If you live in Brighton & Hove, are of fare paying age and are unable to use public transport, you may be eligible for taxi vouchers.
We are able to issue £70 worth of taxi vouchers each year (£35 if applying after 1 October) and these will be valid until the following April.
If you currently hold a valid bus pass this must be returned before the Taxi Vouchers can be issued. You cannot re-apply for a bus pass within the period for which the Taxi Vouchers have been issued. The current period is from 1 April to the 31 March.
If you do not have access to a printer you can request an application form.
Frequently Asked Questions
To be eligible for Taxi Vouchers you must be unable to use public transport and meet ONE of the criteria below.
- Hold a valid Blue Badge
- Resident in a care home
- Receive Attendance Allowance
- Receive the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance
- Receive 8-12 points in the ‘Moving Around’ descriptor for the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Receive the War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement.
- Receive a lump sum benefit under the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces (Compensation) Scheme within tariff levels 1 – 8
If none of the above apply to you then we will require supporting evidence from a medical professional confirming you are unable to use public transport
To apply you will also need the following:
- Proof of your identity
- Proof of your address
- A photograph of you
If you are sending documents by post please only send photocopies. Brighton & Hove City Council cannot be held responsible for documents that are lost in the post.
You must use one of the following taxi companies and book in advance. You can use the vouchers to pay for all or part of your fare. Change cannot be given.