Park & Ride
There is a limited use of the car park and ride car park at present. Please see below for details.
If you're driving from outside the city and want to avoid traffic and parking in the city centre, you can park for free at Withdean Sports Complex and buy a bus ticket into the city.
Our park and ride site is at:
Withdean Sports Complex car park
Using the car park
- there is a height barrier of 2 metres
- the car park is free
- you cannot park overnight
- the lower car park is currently available to be used on a first come first served basis by a small number of Park & Ride users whilst the NHS/CCG hub is still operational
Cheapest bus fares are available using the Brighton & Hove buses smart phone app.
A city saver ticket will enable you to use buses in the city area all day.
For example a city saver ticket costs
- £4.70 on the app
- £5.20 in cash from the driver
Times and route for the 27 bus
Use the Brighton & Hove buses website to get:
You can also follow @brightonhovebus on twitter.
The 27 bus runs on:
- Monday to Saturday every 15 minutes during the day and every 30 minutes after 9pm. The last bus leaves the city centre around 11.40pm
- Sundays and bank holidays every 20 minutes. The last bus leaves the city centre around 11.40pm
- no service on Christmas Day 25 December. Limited service on Boxing Day 26 December
The 27 starts from Tongdean Lane next to the Withdean Sports Complex car park entrance and runs into the city centre.
The bus route goes to the city centre, including stops at:
- Brighton Station - for North Laine
- Clock Tower - for Churchill Square (and the Brighton Centre, via West Street)
- North Street - for Royal Pavilion, The Lanes and North Laine
- Sea Life Centre - for Brighton Palace Pier
Bus service enquiries
Follow @BrightonHoveBus on twitter or call 01273 886200 to reach the Brighton & Hove Buses enquiry line.