Access fund for sustainable travel - Brighton & Hove bid
Unlocking growth with active travel
We submitted a bid in September 2016 to deliver projects that will meet the objectives of the Department for Transport's (DfT) Access Fund for Sustainable Travel. In January 2017 DfT confirmed that we have been successful, awarding us £1.485m for three years until April 2020.
Our bid will build on our strong track record of delivering sustainable travel programmes, with a view to supporting access to the seafront developments. Seafront developments currently proposed, planned or in progress are expected to contribute over one billion pounds of investment into Brighton & Hove.
We propose to deliver projects that promote sustainable transport as the preferred way for people to access the seafront area for employment and leisure.
- Employment focused Personalised Travel Planning
- Access to Work
- Access to Education
- Encouraging Cycling
- Road Safety
The projects are aimed at residents, visitors, employees and students.
Our key partners
- Coast to Capital Enterprise Partnership
- Brighton & Hove Economic Partnership
- Community Works
- Brighton & Hove City Council Public Health Team
- Brighton Area Bus Watch
- Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company
About the Department of Transport Access Fund
In July 2016, the Department for Transport invited bids for funding from transport authorities in England (excluding London), to deliver sustainable transport projects.
The objectives of the fund are
- to support the local economy by supporting access to new and existing employment, education and training; and
- to actively promote increased levels of physical activity through walking and cycling.