Storm Doris - Thursday 23 February
Some very strong winds are expected during Thursday in association with Storm Doris.
Please take extra care along the seafront.
- Get details of the weather warning on the Met Office website
- Find out about staying safe on the beach
Report an issue
Stay up to date
Updates will be posted on this page and on our Twitter account:
How you can help in cold weather
- Please check on your elderly and vulnerable neighbours to see if they need help with getting food, medicine or care during cold weather.
- If you know people who are having problems getting services they need, contact our adult social care helpline: 01273 295555
- Protecting the elderly this winter on the Met Office.
- We work with homelessness agencies to open an emergency shelter in extremely cold weather
- Central government provides funding for these shelters during severe weather
- Request help for a rough sleeper.
- Volunteer 4x4 vehicle owners help us deliver meals, medicine, and helping carers or nurses get to people's homes
- To volunteer, email ICanHelp@brighton-hove.gov.uk