Traders permit - terms and conditions
Read the terms and conditions of your traders parking permit and find out the situations that may make the permit invalid.
Invalid traders permits
The permit will cease to be valid and must be returned in the following circumstances:
- if the business ceases to operate
- the permit is mutilated, defaced, altered or becomes illegible through fading etc
- a cheque presented in payment of the permit is dishonoured
- the vehicle is no longer used for the purpose for which the permit was issued
- the vehicle is not or no longer of a class or type which qualifies for a permit
- the permit holder ceases to carry out the duties for which the permit was issued
- a replacement permit has been issued
- the permit has expired - you don't need to return the expired permit
- a penalty charge notice may be issued if any of the above circumstances lead to the permit being invalid or if the permit is not displayed correctly in the front of the vehicle. All the particulars on the permit must be clearly seen from the outside of the vehicle
- the issue of a permit does not guarantee that a parking space will be available
The permit is issued subject to the declaration on the permit application form.