Professional carers badge
Please Note: The Parking permit centre now closes at 1pm on Tuesdays
Professional carers badges are issued to people who provide essential care in the community, people such as midwives, doctors, care workers and social workers.
- Can I have a professional carers badge?
- How do I apply?
- How do I renew a professional carers badge?
- What evidence do I need to provide?
- What is the cost of a professional carers badge and how can I pay?
- Where can I park with a professional carers badge?
- What are the conditions of use?
- I am changing my vehicle, what do I do?
- I no longer work as a professional carer, what do I do?
A professional carer's badge can be issued to you if you show that you are regularly providing care, either medical or clinical, in Brighton & Hove away from your usual place of work.
You will need to provide:
- a letter from your line manager, on headed paper, confirming you care for someone or people in the community
- a copy of your professional care ID. If you are visiting our offices in person please bring in your ID
What is the cost of a professional carer's badge and how can I pay?
A professional carer's badge costs £52.00 for one year.
You can pay by cash, cheque and credit or debit card (including American Express).
Please write your name and address on the reverse of the cheque and make it payable to Brighton & Hove City Council.
You can park in a pay and display bay and a permit holder bay for up to two hours. If there are no spaces you can park on single or double yellow lines with no loading ban.
A professional carer's badge can not be used in off street car parks. Payment of the revelvant tariff is required. This also applies to both Preston Park and East Brighton park which are categorized as car parks.
You do not need to do anything as professional carer's badges are not assigned to a specific vehicle.
You must return your badge to our parking office immediately.
You should check that you have used the professional carer's badge in accordance with the conditions of use.
You should then decide whether to:
|Carer's (PROFESSIONAL) Badge Application 16 06 2019.pdf||150.58 KB|