Parking Zone Z
Find out how parking zone Z works, its operating hours, information about waiting lists and a zone map.
Where parking zone Z is
Parking Zone Z covers the southern area of central Brighton.
To see if you are eligible for a permit, please use our find your zone search facility.
How the zone works
In zone Z there are:
- some areas set aside for permit parking only
- some areas which can be used by both permit holders and pay and display users, these bays are called shared use bays
- some areas which are set aside for pay and display users only
- resident, visitor and carers permits available
- car club, electric vehicle charging, loading, motorcycle and disabled bays available
- doctors, ambulance and taxi bays also available in this area
What are the hours the restrictions operate
Please always check the signs on street as these will give you the information that you require at the time of parking.
|Permit bays||Monday to Sunday||9am to 8pm|
|Pay and display bays||Monday to Sunday||9am to 6pm|
|Shared pay and display and permit bays||Monday to Sunday||9am to 8pm|
For all other restrictions please refer to the signs on the street.
There is a waiting list in Zone Z. Find out more and apply to join the waiting list.
Apply for a business permit in zone Z
Due to the demands on parking spaces in zone Z we are unable to offer business permits in this zone.
Map of the zone
See our map of the controlled parking zones of Brighton & Hove. To find your property, type in your first line of address.
You can zoom in and out to see which streets are in zone Z.