Parking Zone U
Parking zone U covers the area around St Luke's.
See if you are eligible for a permit - use our find your zone search facility.
Changes happening to Zone U
As from the 3rd June 2019 Zone U will no longer exist and the roads within this zone will become part of Zone C. The scheme will change from ‘light touch’ to a full scheme with operational hours of Monday to Sunday 9am to 8pm, it will include the introduction of paid parking bays as well as permit holder bays.
This means that as of Monday 3 June 2019 residents may park within Zone C using their current Zone U permit.
Zone U permit holders can continue to use their existing permits until they expire/run out. Once they are up for renewal/ replacement they will be issued for Zone C.
On street parking signs will change on Friday 31st May ready for the new extension to Zone C to begin on Monday 3rd June.
Please see Parking Zone C for more details about this Zone.
For Frequently Asked Questions please click here [PDF 57KB]
These changes are happening following a consultation with residents within this area. Please see the following Environment, Transport and Sustainability reports for further details on why these changes are happening.
About parking Zone U
- How does the zone currently work?
- What hours do the restrictions operate?
- Is there a waiting list in Zone U?
- How do I apply for a resident permit in the area?
- How do I apply for visitor permits?
- How do I apply for a business permit?
- What is the cost of pay and display in the zone?
- Is there a map of the zone?
How does the scheme work?
In Zone U there are:
- areas set aside for the use of permit holders only.
- no pay & display bays available. This is a light touch scheme so only permit bays are provided here.
- resident, visitor, carers and business permits available for this specific area.
- disabled bays available in this area.
Please always check the signs on street as these will give you the information that you require at the time of parking.
|Permit holders||Monday - Saturday||
10am - 11am
2pm - 3pm
For all other restrictions please refer to the information on-street.
There is currently no waiting list in Zone U.
There is no pay and display available in Zone U.
See our map of the whole of the Controlled Parking Zone of Brighton & Hove. To find your road type in your house number and name of the road.
You can zoom in and out to see which streets are in Zone U.
|New extended Zone C FAQs.pdf||280.81 KB|