Parking schemes, restrictions & legislation
We've produced a number of guides to explain parking restrictions in Brighton & Hove. The guides give information such as who can park there, whether the restriction applies on bank holidays and much more.
- Parking Bays including permit, shared use, pay and display, disabled bay and motorcycle bays
- Yellow lines including zigzags and pavement/verge parking
- Other types of bays such as car club bays, loading bays and ambulance bays
- Lines across private accesses (white return lines)
- Suspensions and how to suspend a parking restriction
- Electric vehicle charging points
- Double parking and dropped footways
- The rules on loading or unloading
- What to do if your vehicle has broken down
If you do not obey a parking restriction you may receive a penalty charge notice. Take a look at our top 10 tips for avoiding a Penalty Charge Notice.
If you see a vehicle parked where it should not be you can report it to us.
Information about Traffic Regulation Orders (TRO), consultations and legislation
- Requesting a restriction
- Traffic Regulation Orders
- Parking legislation including The Traffic Management Act 2004
- TRO proposals
- TRO recently finalised
There are a number of areas in Brighton & Hove where parking is causing concern and residents are asking for consultation on parking controls as soon as possible. Areas where on-street parking is controlled are called Controlled Parking Zones (CPZ).