Essential work permits
Please Note: The Parking permit centre now closes at 1pm on Tuesdays
Essential work permits are known as dispensations. We offer these if you are providing essential services in the city to keep it running. For example if you are working on the gas or electricity network. This is also known as statutory duties.
We also issue essential work permits to council workers who are required to make short and frequent stops throughout the city to provide essential services such as building surveys.
- Can I have a dispensation?
- How do I apply for, or renew, a dispensation?
- What documents do I need to provide?
- How much will it cost and how can I pay?
- Where can I park with a dispensation?
- What are the terms and conditions of use?
- I am changing my vehicle. What do I need to do?
- I no longer require my dispensation. What do I do?
- I have received a Penalty Charge Notice when using my dispensation. What do I do?
To find out if you can get a dispensation here are details about the two different dispensations we issue;
You should complete a dispensation application form and return it to us by post or in person.
You need to provide confirmation on headed paper from your line manager that:
- you are carrying out essential duties
- your stay will be no longer than 20 minutes or 1 hour for a council dispensation
- that there is no alternative parking available
You will also be required to show company identification such as your staff ID.
A dispensation is £40 for 12 months.
We accept payment by cash, cheque and credit or debit card, including American Express.
Please write your name and address on the reverse of the cheque and make it payable to Brighton & Hove City council.
Please complete the permit application form
Please return it to us as soon as possible and we will issue a refund for each full unused month. Just complete the refund form, return in to us by post or in person and we will either credit this to your, or the person who paid for the dispensation, bank account or send a cheque.
|Dispensation Application (GREEN or ORANGE) 16 06 2019.pdf||285.38 KB|