Business permit renewal
Renew your business permit
By renewing your Business Permit online you confirm that the following statements are true:
- I confirm that the vehicle meets the weight, length and height requirements
- I confirm that the address stated above is my usual place of business
- I confirm that no off street parking is available
- I understand that each business is allowed a maximum of 2 business permits
- I understand that if the business ceases to operate then I must surrender the permit
- I understand that if I cease to use the specified vehicle, as stated on the permit, I will surrender the permit or inform the council
- I confirm that the vehicle listed is required for business purposes and is not used for the sole purpose of commuting to work
- I understand that I may be asked for proof of eligibility and that if this cannot be provided within the timeframe specified the permit will be withdrawn
- I understand that Business rates details may be checked to verify eligibility
- I declare that all the information given is correct and up to date
Any person knowingly making a false statement for the purposes of obtaining a resident permit is liable for a fine not exceeding Level Five (£5,000) or imprisonment for up to six months, or both a fine and imprisonment.
You must check your vehicle CO2 emissions before you pay.
This can be found on your VC5 form or on the DVLA website.
If you choose the wrong rate it will delay your permit and result in you having to come in person to pay at Hove Town Hall.
It may result in the vehicle receiving Penalty Charge Notices.
Avoid Delays: Check your vehicle CO2 emissions
Questions about renewals
Can I renew online?
You can renew online if there are no changes to the permit details.
If the business has changed name, moved or changed vehicle we will need to see updated documents in order to alter the permit.
We will only process permits where there are no changes to any details, for example, do not select a low emissions permit if you have not provided evidence of this previously.
How long will it take?
All applications received by the 15th of the month will ensure receipt of the new permit by the end of that month, otherwise, please allow 7 working days for your permit to arrive.
Be aware that for a permit to be valid it needs to be displayed in the vehicle.
You can renew online at any time during the final month before your permit expires. Renew early to avoid delays and ensure your new permit is displayed before the old one expires. The new permit will include any unexpired time remaining on the previous one.
Where can I find the permit number?
The permit number is listed on the renewal notice we will send to you roughly 4 weeks before the permit expires.
You can also find your permit number on your permit; it begins with ‘B’ and is printed below the vehicle registration, for example: BN\12345
What kind of permit do I need?
We currently offer permits for 3 or 12 month periods.
You can select the permit type and duration from the dropdown box on the payment page. Press ‘SELECT’ to refresh the page and display the correct price for your permit.
Low emissions discounts now apply to business permits where the vehicle emits less than 110g CO2/KM. If you believe your vehicle qualifies we will need to see proof of this, please contact us using the number/email above.
Do I need to show an updated proof of business?
A random selection of orders will be asked to supply an updated proof of business. If asked, you can scan/photograph the relevant documents and send them to: email@example.com Business rate checks may also be carried out.