Parking Permit centre 

The Parking Permit centre at Hove Town Hall is closed.

For details of how we handle the information that you provide to us, please read our privacy and data page and see our privacy notices.

Business permit

A business permit is issued to you if you can show that a vehicle is essential for the running of the business you work for or own. Only two permits will be issued per business and we do not issue these permits to you if you are only commuting to work or loading and unloading goods.

Can I get a business permit?

If you can show that the vehicle is essential for the running of your business we may be able to issue you with a permit.

We do not issue business permits for the purposes of commuting to work, for taking money to the bank or for loading/unloading.

We do not issue business permits in Zone Y and Z. Find out what zone your business is in.

How many business permits can our business have?

Each business is entitled to a maximum of 2 permits per business. If there are different departments in your business they cannot have more.

If the company is split into different sections and they are seen as separate businesses with different VAT registration numbers this may be considered for an additional 2 business permits.

How do I apply for or renew my business permit?

You need to complete the business permit application form for your first application.

If you are renewing your business permit, you can renew online or complete the business permit renewal form.

Once completed, return it to us with the requested documents, to:

Customer Service Centre, Hove Town Hall, Norton Road, Hove, BN3 3BQ

You can also upload them online

What evidence do I need to provide?

You will need to provide 2 proofs of business, for example a business rates or utility bill.

Please send in copies of the documents, do not send in originals.

How much does it cost?

Permit type 3 month 12 month




Low emission



High emission £180 £675

Low and high emission vehicles

Low emission

Low emission is defined as a vehicle (not a diesel vehicle) that produces 110g/km or less CO2 emissions.This needs to be verified by the production of the V5C.

Vehicles registered before March 2001 do not show CO2 emissions and therefore do not qualify for a discount.

High emission

High emission is defined as a vehicle (including diesel vehicles) that produces 166g/km or more CO2 emissions.

You'll need to provide a copy of your vehicle registration document to show that you're eligible for a low emissions discount.

I have a low emissions vehicle how do I claim the discount?

This applies to vehicles that have been registered after 2001 and which have CO2 emissions of no more than 110g/km. Please see your V5C document for details.

Where can I park with my business permit?

You can park in a permit holders bay or a shared use bay. A shared use bay is where you can park with a permit or a pay and display ticket - the sign on the street will state this.

You cannot park in a pay and display bay.

The permit does not give you concession to park anywhere else.

I am changing my vehicle what do I do?

You need to let us know that you have changed your vehicle. Please complete the change of vehicle application form and provide one proof of business. You should also remember to return the current permit.

Change of vehicle

If you have changed your vehicle, you must retain your parking permit.

Please do not apply for a new permit if you changed your vehicle.

Please contact us online with the following information:

  • Permit number – this can be found on the bottom right corner of your Permit
  • Full Name
  • Telephone number
  • New vehicle details including vehicle registration mark, make, model and colour.
  • If this your new vehicle or if this is a temporary vehicle (for example courtesy vehicle)

We will email you with a code you can write on your existing permit. This code will allow you to park in the permit bays in the indicated parking zone until expiry of the permit. On renewal of your permit you will be required to provide a copy of the vehicle registration document in your name to permanently change the permit into the new registration.

I am no longer working for the company what do I do?

You need to return the permit to the council.

I have received a penalty charge notice what do I do?

Please check the terms and conditions of use and also where you can park with the permit.

You should decide whether to: