My vehicle has broken down what do I do?

If your vehicle breaks down within the controlled parking zone, for example in a permit bay or on yellow lines, please where possible try to leave the vehicle in a safe place.

My vehicle has broken down in a pay and display bay what do I do?

Please purchase a pay and display ticket to cover the period the vehicle will be left to avoid being issued with a Penalty Charge Notice.

What if I cannot move the vehicle?

Please arrange for the broken down vehicle to be removed as soon as possible. A penalty charge notice may be issued for each day that the vehicle is left in contravention of the parking regulations.

The vehicle should be removed within a reasonable amount of time. Vehicles left over a number of days may not be successful in their appeal, this also applies to vehicles broken down in a pay and display bay without a valid pay and display ticket on display.

I think my vehicle may be causing and obstruction of danger to other road users.

If you have had to leave your vehicle in a place that is causing an obstruction please call: 08456 035 469.

I have received a penalty charge notice when my vehicle had broken down, what should I do?

If a broken down vehicle is in contravention of parking regulations a penalty charge notice may be issued.

When appealing please supply evidence such as a receipt from the garage, recovery company or a receipt for parts to support your appeal.

You should decide whether to: