Apply for a disabled parking bay
Find out if you can get a disabled parking bay and information about the application process.
Due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic there will be a delay to all applications.
It would be preferable if applications could be made by email with an online payment.
Phone 01273 291 706 if you have any questions, or you can send an email to Parking.Infrastructure@brighton-hove.gov.uk.
Who can get a disabled parking bay
Blue badge holders can apply for an on-street parking bay outside or near their homes if they:
- have no off-street parking, such as a garage or driveway
- are the driver or the driver lives with them
Anyone with a blue badge may park in a disabled parking bay, even if they didn't request that specific bay.
- controlled parking zone - 1 year or longer
- outside of a controlled parking zone - up to 6 months
- We'll write to you to acknowledge your application
- We'll visit the site to ensure the bay meets our traffic management criteria
- If it does, we'll put white guidance marks down unless you live in a controlled parking area
- We'll write to you to tell you whether we've approved the bay
- Tell our contractors to put in advisory bay markings - this can take 4 to 6 weeks depending on the weather