This is a page of links to useful information about retirement and pensions. When you reach retirement, it's all very well having more time on your hands but how do you adjust to this new phase in your life? Where can you find out about fun activities and opportunities? What kind of travel concessions are available and if you're disabled, how can you solve travel problems?
- Bereavement Services
- Blind/Partially Sighted
- Carelink Plus Alarm Service
- Day Care
- Deaf/Hard of hearing
- Equipment & aids for daily living
Sports and Leisure
- Active for Life - sporting activities for everyone whatever their background, ability or age
- Places to Visit
- Sports, Leisure and Swimming Centres,Courts and Pitches
Community Groups and Information
- Community Information - the Sussex Community Internet Project (SCIP) website offers information about:
* local clubs and societies
* voluntary groups and charities
- Energy Efficiency
- Preston Park Restoration Project
Age UK Brighton & Hove (29-31 Prestonville Road, Brighton, BN1 3TJ)
Pensions & benefits advice
- The Pensions Regulator
- Pensions Advisory Service (OPAS)
Provides help if you have a problem with your occupational pension.
- Your local Benefits Agency office will help with benefits enquiries
Citizens Advice Bureaux - Look in your phone book for your nearest CAB.Free, confidential advice on issues such as debt, benefits and housing.
Further support and advice
Leisure and travel
12 Portland Place
Warwickshire CV 32 5EU
Offer a travel companion matching service for people up to the age of 75.
Holiday Care Service
2nd Floor, Imperial Buildings
Surrey R6 7PZ
Tel: 01293 774535
Offers specialist advice for people with disabilities and respite care. Send a SAE for details.
The Dark Horse Venture
Liverpool L17 0AN
Tel: 0151 729 0092
Works to inspire older people to discover their hidden talents.
Disabled Drivers Motor Club
Northamptonshire NN14 4PL
Tel: 01832 734724
Offers advice on many aspects of driving.