Lawn Grave Memorials
Available at both Woodvale and Hove Cemetery, the Lawn Grave memorials are desk shaped tablets made from polished granite stone, suitable for the burial of cremated remains and long term commemoration. The tablet size is approximately one foot by one foot and nine inches and tapers from four to two inches. There is room for the cremated remains of two persons to be buried under the memorial.
The choice of colours are dark or light grey; blue pearl; black or red balmoral. Lettering can be cut into the stone and painted black, silver or gold. Raised lead lettering, painted black, is also available. There is room for eight lines of inscription with 15 letters and spaces per line. Room can be left if two names are eventually intended to be on the memorial. A flower receptacle is included as part of the memorial.
See a larger example of a lawn grave (PDF 1.6MB)
Arranging a Lawn Grave memorial
Memorial work can take 12 weeks to complete, with a layout of the proposed wording sent to the applicant before work commences. An interment can be arranged by the grave owner at any time before or after the memorial stone itself has been completed. The rights of ownership are for an initial period of 50 years.
If you wish to choose the specific space for the memorial, within the current Lawn Grave area, please make an appointment. This is not compulsory though and a space can be allocated in the current area on your behalf.
To arrange an additional inscription for an existing memorial stone, please email your wording to email@example.com and include the grave reference number.
Fees for Lawn Graves
- Starting fee for a new memorial (including purchase of Exclusive Right of Burial, granite stone and memorial permit) - £1588
- Cut and raised lead, painted black - £9 per letter
- Sand-blasted and painted either gold, silver or black - £7 per letter
- Ceramic photograph (optional) - £340
- Burial fee by appointment - £140
- Wooden casket with nameplate (optional) - £104
- Brown acorn urn (optional) - £51
- Bio-degradable urn (optional) - £51
Completed application forms, payments and enquiries should be directed toward the Cemeteries Officer:
- Woodvale Lodge, Lewes Road, Brighton, BN2 3QB.
- 01273 292318
See other memorial options at Woodvale.
|Lawn Grave application form.pdf||68.26 KB|