Forms for burial, cremation and family history research
The following forms have been made available in PDF format, so that they can be printed and sent to us by post.
Click on the form you require to either view or download.
Forms for cremation
- Notice of Cremation (PDF 63KB)
- Directions for disposal of cremated remains (PDF 51KB)
- Consent for disposal of metal implants (PDF 68KB)
- Cremation form 1 - Application for cremation (PDF 80KB)
- Cremation form 2 - Application for cremation of body parts (PDF 95KB)
- Cremation form 3 - Application for cremation of stillborn baby (PDF 55KB)
- Cremation forms 4 and 5 - Medical certificate and confirmatory medical certificate (PDF 127KB)
- Cremation form 8 - Certificate releasing body parts for cremation (PDF 51KB)
- Cremation form 9 - Certificate of stillbirth (PDF 50KB)
- Cremation form 11 - Certificate after post-mortem examination (PDF 53KB)
- Application for cremation of foetal remains (PDF 64KB)
- Certificate of medical practitioner or midwife for foetal remains (PDF 79KB)
- Directions for Disposal for cremated remains from another crematorium (PDF 33KB) - scattering in Garden of Remembrance
- Directions for Disposal for cremated remains from another crematorium (PDF 34KB) - scattering in Woodland Valley
- Notice of scattering on a grave (PDF55KB) - scattering on a grave
Forms for burial
- Notice of burial (PDF 57KB)
- Application for interment of body parts (PDF 61KB)
- Grave space purchase form (PDF 457KB) - For pre-purchasing of a grave by up to two people
- Grave ownership renewal form (PDF 256KB)
Forms for cemetery memorials
- Memorial permit application (PDF 92KB) - For placing a new or replacement memorial on a grave. This must be signed by the grave owner. If the grave owner is deceased a transfer of ownership must be applied for first.
- Form of Indemnity (PDF 60KB) - If the grave owner is the person recently buried in the grave a Form of Indemnity allows for an additional inscription for the deceased to be added to an existing memorial.
- If you wish to apply for a memorial after a cremation at Woodvale, visit the Garden of Remembrance page.
Forms for transferring grave ownership
- Probate form (PDF 70KB) - If the deceased grave owner left a valid will
- Single Deed of Assignment (PDF 112KB) - If the living owner of a grave wants to transfer a grave to one person
- Double Deed of Assignment (PDF 113KB) - If the living owner of a grave wants to transfer a grave to two people
- Deed of Surrender (PDF 67KB) - If the living grave owner wishes to sell a grave back to the council
- Statutory Declaration Questionnaire (PDF 76KB) - if the deceased grave owner's estate is intestate
Form for family history research
Form for making arrangements for your own funeral