Grants to community and voluntary organisations
Find out how to apply for funding for community activities
Winter funding for community and voluntary organisations
Find out if your organisation can apply for winter funding to help vulnerable people.
Third Sector Investment Programme 2020-2023
Our Third Sector Investment Programme recognises and builds on the assets of the voluntary and community sector. The programme focuses investment on the changing pattern of need across the city. It challenges the voluntary sector to show the evidence of impact of their work to their beneficiaries.
The programme is made up of two parts.
The Communities Fund
This is an annual funding programme. Supporting community groups and voluntary organisations to address the key outcomes of improving wellbeing, building cohesion and promoting fairness. Find out about The Communities Fund.
The Communities and Third Sector Commissioning Prospectus
This is a three year strategic programme. It facilitates investment into key organisations working in partnership to provide services and activities that deliver against council priorities. Find out about the Communities and Third Sector Commissioning Prospectus
Other council grants
As well as grants delivered by the council's Communities and Equality team, the council administers a number of other grants to community groups and local residents. Find out about other Brighton & Hove City Council grants.
Grant funding for community celebrations of 75th anniversary of VE Day
Given the current restrictions placed on many people because of COVID-19 and the extra pressures on people still able to work, we have taken the decision to suspend this grant fund. We’re sorry for the impact of this decision. We will follow national organisations and government advice to see whether VE Day events are rescheduled later in the year. Please do not apply for this fund at this time.
If you have any queries please email CommunitiesTeam@brighton-hove.gov.uk.
- Get details of external funding schemes available from grant giving organisations such as the National Lottery, national or local trusts and central government.
- Websites with the latest funding information and neighbouring local authority contacts
- GRANTfinder searches
Useful resources for funding applications
The documents and information below will help you when making grant applications to Brighton & Hove City Council and other funders.
- An Introduction to health and safety on the Health and Safety Executive website
- Equality Act 2010 Guide for Community and Voluntary Sector Service Providers (PDF 628KB)
- Explaining the Difference Your Project Makes (PDF 338KB) outcomes advice from the Big Lottery
- Fundraising advice from the Resource Centre
- Risk Management Framework (PDF 138KB) for community and voluntary sector organisations.
- A plain-English summary of data protection responsibilities produced by the Resource Centre for small, volunteer-run community groups, including how to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).