The Brighton Fund
The Brighton Fund Charity provides one-off awards to residents of Brighton & Hove.
- All applications to the Brighton Fund must be made by support workers on behalf of clients who are residents of Brighton & Hove.
- Funding can be provided for one off payments for white goods, flooring, furniture, etc.
- Applications are considered in two priority categories - residents over 60 and residents under 60.
- The Brighton Fund makes one off awards and cannot accept second applications.
- There is a £500 (before VAT) limit on applications. We can provide partial funding for applications over this amount.
- We are not able to provide crisis loans under any circumstances.
- Awards to people who are currently homeless are not eligible - please see the council’s page on homelessness for information about the support available.
You can complete our online application from or word or PDF versions to email or post to us available below. Please be aware that hand written applications can take longer to process.
If possible, please provide 2 quotes and as much information regarding your client’s circumstances that will support their application.
The Brighton Fund makes awards at monthly meetings of the trustees. It can take up to a month for your application to be considered. Apart from the online form, we cannot acknowlegde applications.
Awards are in the form of BACS payments to the supplier or as transfers to departmental budgets within the council.
Please read our Brighton Fund guidance (PDF 206KB) before making your application.
- Apply using the Brighton Fund online form
- Download the Brighton Fund application PDF form (PDF 240KB) or the Brighton Fund application Word form (MS Word 88KB)
The fund is an independent charity accountable to the Charity Commission (Registered Charity number - 1011724)