The Brighton Fund
The Brighton Fund provides one off awards to residents of The City of Brighton & Hove.
- All applications to the Brighton Fund must be made by a third party, i.e. a support worker, on behalf of clients who are residents of the City of Brighton & Hove.
- We can help provide funding for one off payments for: white goods, furniture, flooring, etc.
- Applications are considered in three priority categories; Brighton residents over 60, Brighton residents under 60, all other residents of Brighton & Hove.
- The Brighton Fund makes one off awards and we cannot accept any second applications.
- There is a £500 (before VAT) limit on all applications. We can provide partial funding for applications over this amount.
- We cannot make awards to people who are currently homeless; please see the council’s page on homelessness
Please try to provide two quotes and as much information as possible about your client’s circumstances and why the item/s applied for are needed
The Brighton Fund makes awards at monthly meetings of the Trustees. It can take up to a month for your application to be considered. We are not able to provide crisis loans under any circumstances. Our awards are in the form of cheques payable to the supplier or as transfers to departmental budgets within the council.
The fund is an independent charity accountable to the Charity Commission (Registered Charity number - 1011724)