Apply to the Communities Fund
Communities Fund 2020-21 COVID-19 emergency funding
We’ve set up a COVID-19 emergency fund is to help community and voluntary organisations in Brighton & Hove who are supporting the city’s most vulnerable residents.
£150,000 is being made available by the council to support organisations facing unexpected costs as a direct result of the impact of COVID-19, either on the organisation or on the residents they support.
The funding will be released in three tranches, with £50,000 being available immediately. The remaining funding will become available as the changing needs from the emergency unfold.
Grants of up to £5,000 can be applied for by any organisation that is a registered charity or community interest company operating within the city. The priority for this first tranche of funding will be for organisations providing support to residents whose vulnerability does not meet the government’s seriously vulnerable criteria.
- a service that supports people who are vulnerable with other underlying health conditions, including disabilities or mental health conditions
- a service that supports younger residents who are vulnerable through their lifestyles
- a service that supports residents who are vulnerable through their social circumstances, including their accommodation
What we will fund
- organisational running costs including volunteer expenses, transport, staff costs
- small capital costs that support organisational delivery during the emergency.
- specific costs that enable the organisation to adapt the delivery of services during the emergency
We aim to get a decision made within tow to three weeks of your application reaching us.
Prepare your application
To prepare for your application to the COVID-19 emergency fund, download our template form for guidance and help (MS Word 30KB). When you complete this document, you can access the online application form. If you have any questions, please contact our Third Sector Manager by emailing email@example.com
- This application is currently closed
2020-21 Communities Fund
During the current COVID-19 emergency, applications to the existing three strands of the Communities Fund are postponed, other than for the emergency funding detailed above. This is reviewed regularly and will be subject to change as the emergency evolves.
2019/20 Communities Fund application deadlines
We are now closed to applications for 2019-20.
Engagement Fund and Resilience Fund 2019/20
The deadlines for the year 2019/20 were:
- Round 1: Friday 24 May 2019 (for full year running costs or early project starts)
- Round 2: Friday 26 July 2019 (for half year running costs or mid year project starts)
- Round 3: Friday 25 October 2019 (for final quarter running costs or end of year project starts)
The Collaboration Fund is closed to application.
You may also find the following reference documents helpful:
- An Introduction to health and safety on the Health and Safety Executive website
- Equality Act 2010 - Guide for community and voluntary sector service providers (PDF 628KB)
- Explaining the difference your project makes - outcomes advice from the Big Lottery (PDF 338KB)
- Risk management framework for community and voluntary sector organisations (PDF 138KB)
- A plain-English summary of data protection responsibilities produced by the Resource Centre for small, volunteer-run community groups, including how to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).