Apply to the Communities Fund
Communities Fund 2020-21 BAME Engagement Fund
The BAME Engagement Fund 2020-21 has been set up to support Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community groups and voluntary organisations. Applications for grants of up to £2,000 can be made for running costs or project costs, subject to the following eligiblilty criteria:
Groups should be BAME led and/or have a predominantly BAME membership.
Groups should have an annual income or turnover of £20,000 or less.
Groups should have a written constitution and a bank account with two signatories.
Groups that do not have a written constitution or bank account can apply through an ‘umbrella’ organisation.
An umbrella organisation will have a written constitution, bank account, annual accounts, and be able to offer support to the unconstituted BAME group in its development.
An umbrella group might be, for example, the Resource Centre, Community Works, Switchboard, the Hangleton & Knoll Project, the Trust for Developing Communities. This is not an exclusive list but indicates organisations that have agreed to carry out this role.
What we will fund
We will fund running costs for your group or organisation, or project costs.
Applications for funding need to be submitted via the council’s Communities Fund application portal by Friday 11th September 2020. Decisions will be made and announced towards the end of October 2020.
Prepare your application
To prepare for your application to the BAME Engagement Fund, download our template form for guidance and help (MS Word 32KB). When you complete this document, you can access the online application form. If you have any questions please email email@example.com
2020-21 Communities Fund
During the current COVID-19 emergency, applications to the existing three strands of the Communities Fund have changed. This is reviewed regularly and will be subject to change as the emergency evolves.
You may also find the following reference documents helpful:
- An Introduction to health and safety on the Health and Safety Executive website
- Equality Act 2010 - Guide for community and voluntary sector service providers (PDF 628KB)
- Explaining the difference your project makes - outcomes advice from the Big Lottery (PDF 338KB)
- Risk management framework for community and voluntary sector organisations (PDF 138KB)
- A plain-English summary of data protection responsibilities produced by the Resource Centre for small, volunteer-run community groups, including how to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).