European Passport Return Service
The European Passport Return Service (EPRS) can only be used when you are applying for permanent residency.
British citizenship applications are no longer dealt with by this office.
EEA and Swiss nationals who have applied online for a Document Certifying Permanent residence or a Registration Certificate can use this service to have their passport copied and certified at Brighton & Hove Register Office. This means that you will still hold your passport while your application is being processed by the Home Office.
Please note: this is not a checking service. We are only permitted to photocopy your passport and return it to you. The copy that we make will be certified and sent by us to the Home Office.
Brighton & Hove Register Office is not able to give any advice or assistance on the application process or requirements, or on nationality, immigration or asylum matters. If you require advice or assistance you must contact the Home Office on 0300 123 2241.
Please email us with your name and telephone number before submitting your online application to make sure we can offer you an appointment within 10 working days on EPRS@brighton-hove.gov.uk
Fees and charges
- Weekday appointment: £15 per person per application
- Saturday appointment (subject to availability): £25 per person per application
These fees are non-refundable.
You will also be charged a weight per package (this will be charged at the office on arrival):
- 0 to 2kg: £10
- 2kg to 10kg: £30
- 10kg to 20kg: £50
Using this service
To use this service you must:
- hold a current EEA or Swiss passport
- have completed an online application to the Home Office for a permanent residence card/registration card
- be applying only for yourself. Please contact us regarding children under 16 or family applications
- be able to attend an appointment within 10 working days of making your online application
You must bring:
- your checklist - this includes your unique PNN number (payment notification number)
- supporting documents - these will not be checked at the appointment, please make sure you have all the relevant documents before attending the appointment
- a copy of your application form (please note that this is only for forwarding to the Home Office, and will not be checked or photocopied by us. You should ensure that you have made your own copy before attending our office)
- your current EEA or Swiss passport
- two passport size photographs with your name written clearly on the back