European Passport Return Service
EEA and Swiss nationals who have applied online for a Document Certifying Permanent residence or a Registration Certificate can use this service to have their passport copied and certified at Brighton & Hove Register Office. This means that you will still hold your passport while your application is being processed by the Home Office.
Please note, this is not a checking service. We are only permitted to photocopy your passport and return it to you. The copy that we make will be certified and sent by us to the Home office.
Brighton & Hove Register Office is not able be giving any advice or assistance on the application process or requirements, or on nationality, immigration or asylum matters. If you require advice or assistance you must contact the Home Office on 0300 123 2241.
Please email us with your name and telephone number before submitting your online application to make sure we can offer you an appointment within 10 working days - EPRS@brighton-hove.gov.uk
Fees and Charges:
- £15.00 per person per application - Weekday appointment (this fee is non refundable)
- £25.00 per person per application - Saturday appointment Subject to availability (this fee is non refundable)
+ Weight per package as follows ( this will be charged at office on arrival):
- 0-2kg is £10
- 2kg-10kg is £30
- 10kg-20kg is £50
To use this service you must:
- Hold a current EEA/Swiss passport
- Have completed an online application to the Home Office for a Permanent Residence Card/ Registration Card.
- Be applying only for yourself. Please contact us regarding children under 16 or family applications.
- Be able to attend an appointment within 10 working days of making your online application.
You must bring:
- Your Checklist - this includes your unique PNN number (payment notification number)
- Supporting Documents - these will not be checked at the appointment, please make sure you have all the relevant documents before attending the appointment.
- A copy of your application form (please note that this is only for forwarding to the Home Office, and will not be checked or photocopied by us. You should ensure that you have made your own copy before attending our office)
- Your current EEA/ Swiss passport.