Births, deaths & marriages contact details
For marriage and civil partnership ceremonies, commitment renewal of vows and naming ceremonies, citizenship ceremonies and the registration of births and deaths
- Visit us at Brighton Town Hall, Bartholomew Square, Brighton, BN1 1JA
- Call us on 01273 292016
- Email us at email@example.com
- For ceremony enquires please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Register Office is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 9.30am to 5pm and on Wednesday from 10am to 5pm. We are open by appointment only on Saturday and Sunday.
Provider of cemeteries, Woodvale Crematorium, mortuary and commemorative facilities for the bereaved.
- Visit us at The Woodvale Lodge, Lewes Road, Brighton, BN2 3QB
- The Woodvale Lodge Office is a short distance up the driveway from the main entrance on Lewes Road
- Call us on 01273 604020 (Minicom 01273 292220)
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Fax us on 01273 292320
The Woodvale Lodge is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 4.30pm. It is closed Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays. It is advisable to make a prior appointment if you are visiting the administrative offices.
Cemeteries and crematorium grounds are open to the public every day of the year:
|Winter months (October to March)||Summer months (April to September)|
|Monday to Saturday from 9am to 4pm||Monday to Saturday from 9am to 5.30pm|
|Sunday and public holidays from 11am to 4pm||Sunday and public holidays from 11am to 5.30pm|
The Chapels and Hall of Memory at Woodvale are open to visitors the same hours as the crematorium grounds and closed 30 minutes before the gates are locked.
How to get to Woodvale:
- the nearest access roads to Woodvale are the A23, A27 and A259
- the main entrance to Woodvale is located on the A270
- if using a Satellite Navigation System, our post code is BN2 3QB
- the most convenient railway station is Brighton Station
- there is a bus service from Brighton Station (numbered 37 and 37B), Old Steine (numbered 78) and Churchill Square (numbered 24, 29, 29A and 49B) to the main crematorium entrance in Lewes Road
- there is no bus service to the alternative entrance to Woodvale in Bear Road but the bus numbered 37B travels to the nearby Bevendean Road
- taxis are available to the crematorium and a free-phone taxi service is provided in the Public Waiting Room, if required
- location maps are available on request, or
- download a location map of the council's crematorium and cemeteries (PDF 150kb)
Please note that the Downs Crematorium and the Brighton & Preston Cemetery are owned and managed by Dignity Funerals Ltd, a private company, and have no connection with Brighton & Hove City Council.