The Leisure Card is available to Brighton & Hove residents in receipt of certain state benefits and gives a discount of approximately 40% on selected activities at seven leisure centres across the city. The scheme is operated by Freedom Leisure on behalf of Brighton & Hove City Council.
Who can apply?
Any resident, whose normal home is within Brighton & Hove, aged 18 and over can apply for a Leisure Card if they are in receipt of any of the below benefits:
- Jobseekers Allowance
- Pension Credit
- Income Support
- Attendance Allowance
- Employment & Support Allowance/Incapacity Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Disability Living Allowance/Personal Independence Payment
- Child Tax Credit (First Threshold Limit Only)
- Students in receipt of NUS Extra Card
Any dependent children (aged 16 and under) whose parents or guardians apply for a Leisure Card can also apply for their own card.
How to apply
You can apply at your local leisure centre by completing a Leisure Card application form for you and any dependent children.
You need to bring the following:
- The original benefit award letter or a bank statement showing where the benefit is paid into dated within the last 12 months.
- Identification for you and any dependent children. Acceptable forms of identification include UK Passport, Driving Licence, National Insurance Card, NHS Medical Card or Birth Certificate.
The card will be valid for six months from the date of issue. To re-apply for the card when it is due to expire, you must bring proof that you are still in receipt of the state benefit as above.
You can download the Leisure Card Application Form (PDF 92kb) to complete and take to your leisure centre.
Which leisure centres are included in the scheme?
Discounts are available at:
- King Alfred Leisure Centre
- Prince Regent Swimming Complex
- Withdean Sports Complex
- Moulsecoomb Leisure Centre
- Stanley Deason Leisure Centre
- St Luke’s Swimming Pool
- Portslade Sports Centre
What activities are included in the scheme?
The activities available at a discount will depend on the centre, but currently include swimming, squash, badminton, table tennis and access to fitness suites.