Brighton & Hove PE and School Sport
How schools in the city help children with sports and physical activity.
The School Games is a unique opportunity to motivate and inspire young people across the country to take part in more school sports events and festivals.
The games are made up of three levels of activity: competition in schools, between schools and at county level.
- Intra-school (Level 1): sporting competition for all students in school through intra-school competition
- Inter-school (Level 2): individuals and teams are selected to represent their schools in local inter-school competition
- School games festivals (Level 3): the county/area will stage multi-sport school games festivals as a culmination of year-round school sport competition
School Games Organiser for Brighton & Hove
- Emma Greenough (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday)
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone Healthy Lifestyles Team: 01273 294589
Information about PE and school sport in Brighton & Hove
Due to COVID-19 the School Games programme for 2020/21 will look different as we are currently unbale to run School Games competitions and festivals.
The Youth Sport Trust have produced a useful set of tools for schools to use in their planning of PE and School Sport in response to COVID-19.
AfPE (Association for PE) also have a set of tools and guidance to support schools with their PE and School Planning during COVID-19.
Termly PE and school sport network meetings take place in the city to provide schools with information on competition, health & safety updates, school club links, NGB updates, school sport premium updates and workforce development.
Date of meetings for 2020/21
- Wednesday 23 September
- Wednesday 20 January 2021
- Thursday 29 April 2021