Activities for Adults
We run a variety of programmes across the city. All are low cost, and suitable for beginners and wide range of abilities.
- In Shape for Life - Inclusive fitness sessions and healthy living advice, helping you to manage weight and improve your fitness.
- Healthwalks - Free, volunteer led walks across the city for all fitness and ability levels.
- Get Active Locally: Low cost fitness classes and activity sessions for adults (Pilates, Zumba etc)
- Active Forever: A range of sports & activities to help people keep active as they get older
- This Girl Can - Activities for women, including female only sessions
Click here to view our current Active for Life Programme - including full details of times, venues and further information on current sessions
Through out the year we organise or support special events celebrating and promoting sport and activity in the city. These include initiatives such as the TAKEPART Festival.
Keep checking this page for details of new events, or follow us on social media (details at the bottom of this page)
How active should I be?
Evidence suggests that people are getting less active and spend more time being sedentary whilst at work, or at home watching TV, playing computer games or travelling by car. This can have an impact on their long term health and wellbeing.
View the Chief Medical Officers’ recommendations for how much activity can adults should do each week:
Further information to help you keep active:
- Disability Sport
- The Leisure Card - 40% discount on selected activities at six Freedom Leisure sites in the city
- NHS Choices
- Search our local activity finder for local sport, dance and exercise sessions
For more information on the Active for Life Project please contact the Healthy Lifestyles Team on 01273 294589 or email email@example.com