Beach accessibility for all
All-terrain beach wheelchairs
The Seafront Office has two all-terrain beach wheelchairs available for hire.
- bookings can be made up to one week in advance, or you can request a chair on the day of your visit
- booking slots are a maximum of two hours, so everyone can use them,
- proof of ID will be required when collecting the chair
- on collection, you will also be required to complete a booking form, pay a £25 refundable deposit, and sign a consent form
- your wheelchair can be stored safely while you use the all-terrain chair
- basic safety rules must be followed when using the chair, which we will go through with you be when you hire the chair
Please contact the Seafront Office if you expect your collection time to be delayed by more than 15 minutes. Your booking may be cancelled if you don't tell us.
Please note that the Seafront Office do not have a hoist available to transfer from chair to chair. Please contact the Seafront office for any further information and we will be happy to help.
Changing Places toilet
Beach Accessible Walkway
The Beach Accessible Walkway is at The Hove Seafront Office, west of the King Alfred Leisure Centre.
The walkway is ideal for allowing wheelchair users, push chairs and those not so steady on their feet greater access onto the beach.
The walkway is close to the King Alfred Car Park, which has disabled parking bays opposite the beach.
The Undercliff Walk
The Undercliff Walk runs from behind Asda in Brighton Marina to the Brighton & Hove city boundary at Saltdean.
The path is a total of 3 miles long. Both pedestrians and cyclists can use the Undercliff Walk.