COVID-19 service update
We have closed some of the public toilets in the city following the continued requirement for physical distancing.
Black Rock toilets are closed temporarily as they have been damaged by a fire that was set off within the toilets. We aim to have the site repaired and reopened as soon as possible. The nearest alternative is located at Peter Pans Playground on Madeira drive, including Radar Accessible facilities. We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
We had kept a number of public toilets open and are opening more where we can do so safely. The toilets now open are:
- Hove Lagoon – open from 8am to 8pm
- Western Esplanade - open from 8am to 8pm
- King Alfred (including RADAR accessible toilets) – open from 8am to 8pm
- Kings Esplanade – open from 8am to 9pm
- Lower Prom at West Street - open from 8am to 8pm
- Colonnade - open from 8am to 8pm
- Black Rock - open from 8am to 8pm (temporary closure due to fire damage 23 July 2020)
- West Pier Arches - open from 10am to 10pm
- Peter Pan's Playgound- open from 8am to 6pm
- Daltons - Lower prom east of Brighton Pier - open from 8am to 8pm
- Ovingdean Undercliff - open from 8am to 4pm
- Salltdean Undercliff – open from 8am to 8pm
- Saltdean Oval - open 8am to 6pm
- Rottingdean Undercliff - open 8am to 8pm
- Rottingdean Rec - open from 8am to 8pm
- Park Road, Rottingdean – open from 8am to 4pm
City centre sites
- Royal Pavilion Gardens – open from 8am to 8pm
- The Level (including RADAR accessible toilets and Changing Places facilities) – open from 10am to 6pm
- Goldstone Villas - open 8am to 10pm
- Station Road, Portslade - open from 8am to 6pm
Parks and cemeteries
- Stanmer Village – open from 8am to 8pm
- Preston Park Chalet - open from 8am to 8pm
- Preston Park Rotunda - open from 8am to 8pm
- Blakers Park - open 8am to 6pm
- Lawn Memorial Cemetery - cemetery opening hours
- Hollingbury Park - open from 8am to 6pm
- Queens Park – open from 8am to 6pm.
- St Ann's Well Gardens - open from 8am to 8pm
- Aldrington Rec - open from 8am to 8pm
- Dyke Road Park - open 8am to 6pm
- Easthill Park - open 8am to 6pm
- Hove Park - open 8am to 8pm
- Hove Cemetery South - cemetery open hours
- Vale Park - open 8am to 6pm
- Greenleas - open from 8am to 6pm
The decision to close some of the toilets followed increasing difficulties to maintain them in a safe manner. This included increased anti-social behaviour, vandalism and theft, in addition to issues managing overcrowding.
We are keeping this under review and will reopen more toilets as soon as we can do so safely.
Our traditional public toilets are cleaned and maintained by Healthmatic Ltd. Please report any problems or compliments on 01249 823 143.