Volunteering opportunities in our parks and open spaces
- Contact one of the many park and green space community groups in the city. Take a look at our list of parks and great space groups.
- Join our Tidy Up Team
- Sheep and livestock lookerers
- Adopt a path
- Volunteer at Stanmer Park: There will be many additional opportunities from 2020 as part of the Stanmer Restoration Project. Sign up for email project updates at email@example.com
Volunteers are covered by the council's insurance if they are working with a council officer, or if the work has been agreed by a council officer and a first aider is present.
Conservation volunteering group
Our rangers support and organise a number of regular citywide volunteering opportunities. These include a conservation volunteering group that goes out to various parks and natures reserves. Some people come most weeks, others just a few times a year.
If you’d like to be added to the mailing list please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The group currently meets every Friday at 10am, but do let us know if you're available other days.
Other volunteering opportunities
- Sussex Wildlife Trust Youth volunteers (for 16-25 year olds)
- Local environmental community groups
- Brighton & Hove Green Spaces Forum
- Sports volunteering
Find out more
- Download our short information booklet on park and green space volunteering (PDF 5MB)
- Download the city counci's Volunteering Policy 2016-2020 (PDF 3MB)
- Contact us at email@example.com