Stanmer Park Restoration Project - News and updates
Welcome to our page giving latest news and updates from the Stanmer Park Restoration Project.
We are due to start construction in early 2019.
- Find out more about this major project on the main Stanmer Park Restoration Project web page.
Latest project news
The old polytunnels and redundant infrastructure have now been removed, so the area is clear in preparation for restoration works. The majority of removed items have been recycled or re-used.
Tree works - starting 11 March 2019
There will be temporary closures of the Lower Lodges car park areas while work is in progress. Some trees will be pruned or felled in these parking areas so restoration project work can take place. Some of these trees also pose a health and safety risk. All tree works are being supervised by an ecologist.
Signs have been erected with more information and advising visitors to park in alternative designated parking areas at the park during closures. There will also be some tree works adjacent to the Walled Garden to prepare for its restoration. The work will be carried out by the council's tree contractor Connick Tree Care. Around 250 new trees will be planted in the restoration area later in the project. No memorial trees are affected by this work.
Project update bulletins
Read project updates issued so far here:
If you wish to receive these updates direct to your email box, please contact email@example.com .
We expect the next update to be issued in late March 2019.
The restoration project story so far
Follow the project's progress by reading the news stories below. These are presented in reverse date order, with the most recent first:
- "Talking Trees" - information and invitation to comment on draft Stanmer Woodland Management Plan (January 2018)
- Council takes action on inconsiderate parking (November 2017)
- New lease of life for felled elms (October 2017)
- Stanmer Park restoration - plus explanatory video (April 2017)
- City celebrates as Parks for People says 'yes' to Stanmer park (January 2017) - Announcement of the Heritage Lottery Fund and Big Lottery Fund £3.75m funding award
- Stanmer Park plans move closer as council submits Heritage Lottery Fund bid (September 2016)
- Stanmer Park consultation (March 2016)
- Next steps to secure Stanmer's future (January 2016)
- "Lottery says 'yes' to Stanmer Park" - Announcement of the successful Heritage Lottery Fund and Big Lottery Fund development funding bid (January 2015)
- Bid to bring Stanmer's 18th Century landscape to a 21st Century audience (November 2014)
- Clarification over Stanmer Park improvements (April 2014)
- Masterplan to fulfil Stanmer's potential announced (January 2014)
- Have your say on future of historic Stanmer Estate (June 2013)
Keep in touch
- Sign up to receive project updates by email. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list. Hard copies are available in the park's Tea Rooms and at Stanmer House.
- We will process your provided data in order to keep you updated on the Stanmer Park Restoration Project. Learn more about our privacy notice.
- Follow us on social media, Facebook and Twitter.