Stanmer Park Restoration Project - News and updates
Description: Stanmer park groundsWelcome to our page giving latest news and updates from the Stanmer Park Restoration Project.
Construction started on 24 June 2019 and will complete in autumn 2020.
Find out more about this major project on the main Stanmer Park Restoration Project web page.
Below, you can read:
- Restoration project story developments so far
- Our Project Updates (newsletters) - next issue due around October 2019
- Buxton Building Contractors' update newsletters
Latest news and updates
Project construction has started in the Walled Garden area. There will be no construction work in the main park until mid-October 2019. Read more about progress with the construction work in the Buxton Building Contractors newletters below.
August 2019: View our latest video (Youtube link) and hear more from our project partners
Meet Stanmer Park Restoration Project team members at this year's Apple Day - Sunday 22 September 2019
This popular annual event, run by the Brighton Permaculture Trust, is on Sunday 22 September. Members of the Stanmer Park Restoration Project will be at the event again sharing information about the Project, and offering games and activities for all to enjoy. Project partner Plumpton College will also be in attendance offering information and engaging activities. Find out more about Apple Day.
Oral History Project: Memory Days (Oct 2019) and our oral historians
We've now appointed our volunteer oral historians for the project. More news about their activities will be posted here shortly, and included in future Project Update mailings.
We're holding public drop-in memory days for people to share memories, photos and memorabilia from Stanmer. Both these activities are part of the Restoration Project's Activity Plan. Read full details in the June 2019 Project Update.
Construction updates from Buxton Building Contractors
Latest issue - Issue 2 (25 July 2019) . These updates are also on display on the Buxton Building Contractor noticeboards at the Lower Lodges and by the pond.
Stanmer Woods ecological survey and assessment
We're inviting the public to help us with a review of our ecological records for Stanmer Great Wood, Pudding Bag Wood, High Park Wood and Upper Lodges Wood.
If you know of plant or animal species, flora or fauna, in these areas and want to check they are recorded and correctly located, email email@example.com and we will coordinate details.
This review is to make sure our information is as accurate as possible when planning our woodland management plan activities for 2019 and 2020. You can view maps on the main Stanmer Park webpage.
Breeze out of Brighton by bus! - Summer 2019 leaflet available now
Stanmer Park is just one of a number of fantastic South Downws National Park countryside locations in East and West Sussex you can reach easily by bus. This colourful new leaflet gives you all the information you need. See below for the 28 April to 21 September 2019 Stanmer Park 78 bus timetable.
Breeze bus number 78 - summer timetable (28 April to 21 September 2019.)
Stanmer's 78 service runs every Saturday, Sunday and bank holiday.
Project update bulletins
Read project updates issued so far here:
If you wish to receive these updates direct to your email box, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The restoration project story so far
Follow the project's progress by reading the city council's issued news stories below. These are presented in reverse date order, with the most recent first:
- Work starts on Stanmer Park Restoration Project (31 July 2019)
- Help us explore the history of Stanmer Park (Oral History volunteers sought) (25 June 2019)
- Contractors prepare for Stanmer Park restoration (20 June 2019)
- "Talking Trees" - information and invitation to comment on draft Stanmer Woodland Management Plan (January 2018)
- Council takes action on inconsiderate parking (November 2017)
- New lease of life for felled elms (October 2017)
- Stanmer Park restoration - plus explanatory video (April 2017)
- City celebrates as Parks for People says 'yes' to Stanmer park (January 2017) - Announcement of the Heritage Lottery Fund and Big Lottery Fund £3.75m funding award
- Stanmer Park plans move closer as council submits Heritage Lottery Fund bid (September 2016)
- Stanmer Park consultation (March 2016)
- Next steps to secure Stanmer's future (January 2016)
- "Lottery says 'yes' to Stanmer Park" - Announcement of the successful Heritage Lottery Fund and Big Lottery Fund development funding bid (January 2015)
- HLF says yes to Stanmer bid (South Downs National Park release)
- Bid to bring Stanmer's 18th Century landscape to a 21st Century audience (November 2014)
- Clarification over Stanmer Park improvements (April 2014)
- Masterplan to fulfil Stanmer's potential announced (January 2014)
- Have your say on future of historic Stanmer Estate (June 2013)
Keep in touch
- Sign up to receive project updates by email. Email email@example.com to be added to the list. Hard copies are available in the park's Tea Rooms and at Stanmer House. We will process your provided data in order to keep you updated on the Stanmer Park Restoration Project. Learn more about our privacy notice.
- Privacy Notice: You have rights around the information we hold on you. If you contact us regarding the project, including signing up for our Project Updates mailing list, please read our Privacy Statement
- Follow us on social media, Facebook and Twitter.
|Breeze out of Brighton leaflet FINAL - Summer 2019 web.pdf||2.58 MB|