Libraries Extra - Open when we’re closed
From 1 August 2016 you can take advantage of our flexible new service, giving you extra choice to use your local library out of staffed hours. This will mean you can keep on doing the things you want such as:
- visit the library and meet friends and family
- get information, browse the stock and read
- borrow and return books, CDs and DVDs
- make cash payments through the self-service kiosk
- use a PC and printing facilities
How to use Libraries Extra
Not only will Libraries Extra keep most libraries open seven days a week, we are also doubling the hours you can use them. With a free Libraries Extra membership card you will be able to experience your local library in safety and comfort through the extra support in place including:
- a dedicated phone helpline
- easy to use self-service kiosks to borrow and return items
- volunteer help on some days
- constant monitoring by a security company with CCTV and live audio
- a dedicated intercom to the security company in case of emergency
All you need to do is upgrade your Library Membership card for free at your local library. You will be asked to bring two proofs of identity, one with your address, and to agree to new terms and conditions of membership..
With Libraries Extra you will have extra choice and flexibility. You will be able to use most libraries in the city for 7 days a week, through a mixture of staffed days and Libraries Extra Days, when you can use your library card and PIN to enter the library and use all the library facilities
Hollingbury Library has now closed and will be replaced by providing small collections at the Hollingbury & Patcham Children’s Centre and the Old Boat Corner Community Centre. The Old Boat site is scheduled to open Tuesday 14 November.
The opening hours at Jubilee Library stays the same.
Libraries Extra days – self-service and access with Libraries Extra card and PIN only.
Staffed days- lunch time (1pm-2pm) operates as Libraries Extra