Public Art: Urban Art Wall
- Title of artwork: Urban Art Wall
- Materials: Wooden hoardings, spray paint
- Location: New England Quarter, New England Road
- Artists: Various
- Date: started in 2005, changes annually during the Hip Hop Festival in July.
- Online map: Urban Art Wall Google map
- Information and map download: Urban Art Wall [PDF 369kb]
The urban art wall is made up of builders hoarding which have been put up around the New England Quarter site near Brighton Station. The project is a collaboration between Brighton Hip Hop Festival (www.risingstyles.com), QED developers and Brighton & Hove City Council. Each year in July graffiti artists are invited to come and paint a section of the hoardings, this project is seen as a way for the city to promote high quality graffiti artwork that is carried out in a positive way.
See the next artwork: White Horses and Gates