Public Art: Urban Art Wall
- Title of artwork: Urban Art Wall
- Materials: Wooden hoardings, spray paint
- Location: New England Quarter, New England Road
- Artists: Various
- Date: started in 2005, changes annually during the Hip Hop Festival in July.
- Online map: Urban Art Wall Google map
- Information and map download: Urban Art Wall [PDF 369kb]
- Details of planning application
The urban art wall is made up of builders hoarding which have been put up around the New England Quarter site near Brighton Station. The project is a collaboration between Brighton Hip Hop Festival (www.risingstyles.com), QED developers and Brighton & Hove City Council. Each year in July graffiti artists are invited to come and paint a section of the hoardings, this project is seen as a way for the city to promote high quality graffiti artwork that is carried out in a positive way.
See the next artwork: White Horses and Gates