We are a living wage employer
We're a living wage employer. Our minimum hourly wage takes into account basic costs of living.
- Visit our Brighton & Hove Living Wage Commission web page for more information.
Our salary scales
Salary scales are agreed nationally by relevant pay organisations or locally by the council.
List of current salary scales:
- The National Joint Council (NJC) salary scale (PDF 330KB) - for most council workers and school support staff
- The Joint Negotiating Committee for Chief Officers salary scale (PDF 111KB) - for senior officers at the council
- The Soulbury salary scale (PDF 178KB) - for education improvement professionals, educational psychologists (including trainees) and young people's/community service managers
- The Joint Negotiating Committee for Youth and Community Workers salary scale (PDF 150KB) - for youth and community workers
- Teachers and Leadership salary scale (PDF 222KB) - for those employed on school teachers' pay and conditions.
Other pay related policies
Download our pay policy statement for 2019 to 2020 (PDF 177KB)
- Annual leave entitlements (PDF 66KB)
- Mileage rates (PDF 11KB)
- Protection policy (PDF 45KB)
- Policy on awarding additional payments (PDF 61KB)
- Redundancy and early retirement procedure (PDF 35KB)
- Retirement procedures (PDF 120KB)
- Policy on re-employment of employees accepting early release with compensation (PDF 92KB)