Apprenticeships at Brighton & Hove City Council
We have a wide variety of apprenticeships on offer such as: Business administration, journalism, creative and digital media, accountancy, customer services, early years, legal, IT, town and country planning, housing, procurement, HR management and many more.
Apprenticeship pay at Brighton & Hove City Council
During the first year
- Intermediate Level 2: £5.60 per hour / £10,804 per annum
- Advanced or Higher Level 3+: £7.05 per hour / £13,601 per annum
Once completed first year
- National Minimum Wage appropriate for the age of the apprentice. This must not be less than the starting salary.
Apprenticeship vacancies at the council
All apprenticeships vacancies at Brighton & Hove City Council are advertised on our Jobs page and also the Find an Apprenticeship Service . When you find a job you would like to apply for, download the job details at the bottom of the advert. This includes the person specification and job description. You will need this to complete the application. As you go through the application, it will explain what information you need to provide and why. Please read the guidance notes to help you put across your experience, skills and abilities necessary for the job you apply for.
Other local Apprenticeship vacancies
There are three steps to finding other apprenticeship vacancies:
- Go to the ‘Find an Apprenticeship Service’
- Browse through all of the different apprenticeships and opportunities on offer
- Once you have found a job you are interested in, create an account on and submit your application.
An apprenticeship is a real job, you will be competing with other candidates for the position so it is very important to be prepared for the interview; the National Careers Service provides advice, tips and information on applying for apprenticeships and the recruitment process.
Our Apprentice Ambassadors visit local schools and colleges to promote apprenticeships. If you would like the Ambassadors to visit your college or school to provide a talk about apprenticeships and to share their experience then please contact ApprenticeAmbassadors@brighton-hove.gov.uk