Apply for levy transfer funding
The deadline for applying for levy transfer funding has been extended to 30 June 2019.
The apprenticeship levy is already giving employers, including the council, a real opportunity to invest in high-quality training. We're growing and developing our existing workforce and recruiting amazing apprentices that contribute to the skilled workforce we need to thrive and succeed.
Following government reforms, we're able to work with other employers in the city to support them to take on new apprentices and develop existing employees.
As a large levy paying employer, we can now transfer up to 25% of our apprenticeship levy funds to those employers helping to boost the number of high-quality apprenticeships.
Apply for levy transfer funds
Who can receive transferred levy funds
To apply for levy transfer funds, you must show that you actively support the aims of the City Employment & Skills Plan, meet the eligibility criteria in the ESFA funding rules and be either a:
- businesses and other organisations in Brighton & Hove
- voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector in Brighton & Hove
- Brighton & Hove schools that do not pay into the council's apprenticeship levy
You must also:
- be able to demonstrate how your apprenticeship will contribute to the City Employment & Skills Plan
- be registered on the apprenticeship service (we can support you in the process)
- only use the funds for training and assessment for apprenticeship standards
- only use the funds for training and assessment of either new apprentices or existing employees undertaking apprenticeships
What you'll need to apply
You'll need the following information when applying:
- Name, level, duration and value of apprenticeship standard
- Details of the training provider
- Details of which strategic priority aims the apprenticeship will meet
- An indication of the longer term plans for your apprentice on completion of their apprenticeship
To gain maximum benefit from the levy funds, bids will be prioritised using the following criteria:
- Priority 1: A non-levy payer who can only access apprenticeships via a transfer of funds
- Priority 2: No one left behind: Creating apprenticeship opportunities for disadvantaged groups who live in Brighton & Hove. (e.g. care leavers; NEETs; those with disabilities; long term unemployed)
- Priority 3: Supporting learn to earn transitions: an apprenticeship that provides a career change at any stage to earn and learn whether a new apprentice, current apprentice or existing member of staff that clearly demonstrates progression. (E.g. progression of level for the individual, or Higher or Degree Apprenticeships)
- Priority 4: Enabling businesses and workers to benefit from growth. Apprenticeships from key employment sectors of the City that are driving growth such as Creative, Digital & Information Technology (CDIT), Financial Services, Health & Social Care and Tourism.
- Applications will be administered by officers at Brighton & Hove City Council
- Transfers can only be made against a named apprentice. If your bid is successful, ‘approval in principle’ will be granted until the apprentice has been recruited and the learning provider has confirmed eligibility.
- We will open up opportunities to bid for transfer funds throughout the year, dependant on available funds.
- Applicants will be contacted within two weeks of the deadline to confirm the outcome of their bid.
- In the event that applications which meet the selection criteria exceed funds available, an assessment exercise will be run to confirm successful bids.
- If you still have some questions, please get in touch with us at email@example.com or call 01273 291281