Submitting a Local Authority Search
How to complete a local authority search and what you need to include with the form.
Covid-19 update: Please do not to submit paper requests with a cheque during the current situation.
Local Authority Search
To complete a local authority search, please send us two copies of the completed local authority search request form (PDF 142 KB) also available as a word document - local authority search request form (Word 110KB). The forms are also available from all legal stationers and is called the LLC1/CON29.
You will also need to include:
- two copies of the site location plan with the search site outlined in red
- as much information about the property as possible e.g. the flat number and floor
- details of any other optional and additional enquires you have
- location plans of footpaths or roads for which you want information (Box C in Con 29 form), including their name
- payment (see our local land charge fees); please make cheques payable to Brighton & Hove City Council or payments can be made online
These can either be emailed to email@example.com or posted to us at the address below.
Local Land Charges
Second floor, Brighton Town Hall
Companies can now use our faster and easier email service. To sign up, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your company details. In doing so, you are agreeing to the following conditions:
- applications by email cannot be cancelled
- fees will be paid within 28 days of the invoice
- failure to pay will result in your account being suspended
Once you have done this, you will receive a unique customer reference number, so you can start scanning your searches and return them to us straight away.
You will be sent a monthly bill of your processed search fees.