The Private Sector Letting Scheme
The council is responsible for managing the property giving you peace of mind and the satisfaction of knowing your property is in safe hands while earning you a steady income.
Benefits of the scheme:
- guaranteed rental income for up to seven years
- rent paid even if your property is not occupied
- rent paid to you monthly by the council, direct to your bank account
- no management fees or commission charges
- one or two bed self-contained properties in Brighton & Hove
- unfurnished properties that are clean, safe, secure and in a reasonable state of decoration
- properties that meet health and safety standards and have current gas and electrical safety certificates
- proof of ownership and permission to let from central lender (if appropriate)
We will send you more information about what property details and documents we require when you get in touch with us.
- tenants will come from the council’s housing waiting list, so you will help us provide a home to a family in need
Letting your property in three easy steps
- Rent valuation
After an initial consultation we will arrange for a negotiator to visit your property and set a competitive rental value. This will be based on:
- size of property
- local rent levels
Once you have provided us with the documents required, we will draw up a contract which will include the agreed term and rent level.
The council will manage your property for the duration of the agreement. We will deal with tenant issues with no cost or hassle for you. We will return the property to you vacant and in good condition given fair wear & tear.
Contact us on (01273) 292213 or 292164, or email email@example.com to arrange a no-commitment, no-fee appointment with one of our negotiators.